Academic Information for ChBE Graduate Students
Master of Science in Chemical Engineering
Master of Science in Environmental Engineering
Master of Engineering in Chemical Engineering
Master of Engineering in Bioengineering
Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering
The Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering has the following minimum requirements for admission to the graduate program:
- 3.0 GPA in undergraduate program (based on A=4.0)
- GRE Scores (148 verbal, 148 quantitative)
- TOEFL (internet exam - 80, paper exam - 550, computerized exam - 213) or IELTS score of 7.0 or higher - required for non-native speakers of English
Note: Typical scores for admitted graduate students are well above these minima.
Deadline for consideration for Assistantships
- Fall Semester: February 1
- Spring Semester: August 1
- Fall Semester: July 1
- Spring Semester: November 1
- Summer Semester: March 15
- Fall Semester: May 1
- Spring Semester: September 15
- Summer Semester: January 15
Graduate School Application
To apply for admission to The Graduate School at Montana State University, please complete the online application.
Graduate Study Inquiry Form
We encourage interested graduate applicants to complete a graduate study inquiry form. This form takes less time to fill out than a full application, and it is free. The data you submit on the form is available to Department faculty and is reviewed when openings exist. If your information gets the attention of a faculty member, you will be contacted by that faculty member.